13 September 2015

What about social media and self branding

This week was about self branding and social media channels. Self branding was already familiar to me from previous courses but I learned new tricks and  the video part was totally new to me.

We got assignment to do a video of ourself and to do a elevator pitch. I am not use to be in front of the camera and I know I need to get to used to it. But one step at a time. From the lecture I learned about self branding in content. I did know that all of my gestures affects to that message that I'll try to send but I didn't know how to use my gestures as a support. So now I know how to use my gestures but it takes me some learning to use them right.

Learning from each others on Monday

On Monday we gathered wit our group after lecture and did the task to tell each other were where the other one is good at. We did a mind map each of us and wrote the thing that one is really good at.
Mind map of myself.


Good self branding is a huge  benefit in the labor market and I am going to improve it with time. And one thing that I learned that self-confidence reflect in self branding. For example if I don't trust myself to be good at something there's no way that somebody else will.



                                           My pitch video

I think my video is quite good but I could have used more gestures to support my message. The next time it will be a lot better, because still this was my first pitch video..

Thursday's lecture was about marketing communications and social media marketing. Some of the things in lecture I did know from previous courses. Partly new things to me were that how I can affect to my rational and emotional appeal. The major thing I learned this week that when marketing I have to affect target's subconscious because people do decisions 95% based on their subconscious. That was new to me and I am definitely going to focus on that more. 

But social media marketing. I know how social media marketing works and nowadays social media is a major part of marketing and it is growing all the time. I am interested in social media marketing skills and I am excited of what I can learn of that at this course. 

My social media is Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat, blogger (for this course), LinkedIn and google+.  I don't have Pinterest but I have thought that I would do it but let's see.
But I have to say I have a lot to learn from all of these social media sites because I am not a pro at least not yet. 

And BTW we have our own twitter account for our team FTS13, Go and follow us on Twitter FTS13


-Mira-




2 comments:

  1. Mira, your second week post is really good. You are getting better all the time. Great! I liked that you summarized what we had in the class and that there were still some new things for you. I like your group work pictures. Keep up the good work. Pitching video was quite good too. First time is always difficult, but practice makes the master! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete